Monday, July 23, 2012

Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend 3






So my entire Sunday was devoured by this beast. Honestly, I didn't like it at first, because I wasn't comfortable with it.
Being a long time WoW player, not having to target and having spells go off was foreign to me, no having a linear quest line, the quick pace of everything around me, etc... but for the first time in a long time, with a MMO, I was able to have fun, like a child again. The thrill of freedom and exploration was something that I had completely not experienced with WoW for a long time, and the pressure of having to grind to level up quick to experience content was lifted. The only time I felt like I had to grind faster, harder, was when I glanced at my experience bar, which I'm trying not to do now. If you can just forget about that thing, the game is really fun as it is.

I played a Charr Ranger, which kind of looks like the above. The customization options are plentiful though, so I actually look nothing like that. I'll post more about this game later. Thanks for checking me out!

2 comments:

  1. No for me. My MMO days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems legit.
    I will try this! Give you and report later on!

    ReplyDelete