Friday, September 9, 2011

Basic explanation of my job

So my basic job is that I work for this company called Schick. Not the razor brand. They manufacture these dental x-ray scanners. Now, instead of having that huge thing scan your entire head while you're positioning your head in an awkward position, you can just put a thing in your mouth and it takes an x-ray.
I'm mostly testing these things and making sure they work. I use more mental power playing 2-3 games of Starcraft than I do the entire day at work. It's a temp position for now, they'll re-evaluate me at the end of this month. Most likely they'll keep me. Just because it's me and I show that I can do this job with ease.
The pay isn't too good, the way you make money is they're really liberal with their overtime. They have other benefits too, such as health care, they have a gym, and... EDUCATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT. If I get full time, I'll most likely go back to school. Esp since that the company pays for half my parking spot here and it's across the street from a community college.

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good job. I wish I had one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a decent job to me buddy. If you enjoy it then that's all that really matters. Good luck in the future. Following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, despite the wage, the benefits seem pretty nice. And from what you say, the job doesn't seem too hard on you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, hope you get hired on full-time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with anything that does Educational Reimbursement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely take up the school payment offer. that's just too good to pass on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a nice company that takes care of their employees

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an interesting job you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, tell those guys that they are too big to fit in your dang mouth. Ya herd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. seems like an easy job with very good benefits :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. jobs a job! think of the money :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds pretty good. Hell, any job sounds good right now given the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a cool job to do for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if you stayed there forever, it's better than most jobs I know of. Most people I know can't get overtime, or even full-time for that matter. And they call South Carolina a "right to work" state. BS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting read! I caught this post from your title and glad that I found it! Keep up the great work with your blog and I look forward to reading your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep the job, go to school, and enjoy your life.
    follow'd and cliqued

    ReplyDelete
  17. pretty good explanation. i am no longer confused.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its an honest job . hang in there. FOLLOWED

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like your on the right track brother, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete